Get ready for 'back to school'
2nd September 2014
From storytime to science experiments, art to activities - the facts and fiction of Usborne books can excite even the most reluctant readers and learners. Is it time to learn about the Kings and Queens of Britain? What's the story of Astronomy and Space? How about a Famous Artists Sticker Book or an Atlas of the World?
The wide variety of titles support the school curriculum on many levels and prove that the fun isn't just for home time!
So, how does it work?
There are lots of different events that Organisers can hold in schools to get beloved Usborne books into the hands of children - including book fairs, themed events or sponsored reads.
Benefits at a glance
- There's no additional paperwork or stress - the Usborne Organiser will take care of everything; from arranging and attending the event, to taking and delivering orders.
- Advice on how the award-winning Usborne range can benefit reading schemes and projects.
- Flexible to suit the needs of every class, topic or timetable.
- Free delivery.
And best of all?
- Up to £60 in additional FREE books for the school for every £100 spent*.
- Or discounts of up to 30% on their order.
What are sponsored listening and reading events?
- A really easy way for schools to raise money for their library.
- Ready, Steady...Listen! and Ready, Steady...Read! are fun sposored reading events for children of all ages.
- Whether it's in school time, at home, during the school holidays or in a 24 hour race, children can take part and ask family members and friends to sponsor them.
- These initiatives allow schools to benefit from books for all to share and enjoy.
- Encourages listening and reading of books at home and school.
See a school book fair in action...
Looks great, what's next?
Contact your local Usborne Organiser to book a school event here.
*The total value of orders at a party or school event must exceed £100 before any FREE book entitlement or discount can be claimed. Your entitlement will increase depending on the total value of orders placed.